Comformaker Inducer Draining issue ?

Old 10-23-13, 10:00 AM
Y
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Comformaker Inducer Draining issue ?

Hello,

In desperate need of help here ! I have a C9MPX furnace. Seems that inducer is not able to drain the condensate. Almost seems that when inducer is running its sucking the water back in to it... Because when it stops the water drains.

Basically this is exactly what happens. The thermostat calls for heat. The inducer motor turns on, then burners light up, blower goes on... The burners run for up to 3 minutes, then go off (blower is still on), inducer goes off, water drains, board LED blinks 3 times (pressure switch open, should be closed), after about 30 seconds blower stops. Then LED goes back to normal, inducer starts, burners go on and the process repeats its self over and over...

When I try to suck air out of the drain hoes (thru the trap) some water comes out and I`m able to run the blowers longer if I keep draining the water in this manner. Also if I remove the tube from the inducer side (the inducer to trap tube), I dont see any water coming out, I hear it and see inside the connector water, but its not coming out....

I`m going nuts here not understanding why this is happening... Please help

Old 10-23-13, 02:29 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
The water should drain out of the furnace by gravity. The inducer motor shiould circulate air and not water.

So very likely something in the drain system is plugged up. Check all the hoses to be sure they are clear. The drain trap can get plugged with algae --- check it carefully and if need be remove it and flush it with water.

In short ---- check the whole drain system carefully. Very likely that's where the problem is.

Old 10-23-13, 02:35 PM
Y
Hi,

Thank you very much for the response. I checked the whole drain system and its fine. The water does drain out when the inducer stops, so there is no clog or anything like that, this is actually the first season that heat is being used on this system, so its really new....

Old 10-24-13, 02:31 PM
Y
So after much reading and looking at diagrams. I figured out that they didnt install the trap for the condensate drain properly. It should be vertical, yet they had it horizontal and I guess trap was not holding enough water in order to create an air vacuum to allow water to flow down. I flipped it, the only issue with the drain rubber tube I had so it has an arch in it, so I think water is not draining as fast as it should, but its working, had it running for 30 minutes with out stop, and the pump was filled with water... SO I think I`m good now....

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: