Lenox G16 no heat

Old 10-23-13, 07:24 PM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Lenox G16 no heat

I have a Lenox G16 Furnace that won't heat. It will start when cold and run for about 3-4 mins and then lose blower and flame. The induced draft motor will continue to run though. If you shut the tstat off and turn it right back on, it will re-ignite for a minute tops and then, same thing. Induced draft motor will run forever. I did replace the flame sense rod and have even pulled it and cleaned it. No difference. I did get a new module for it but, when I hooked it up, the electric spark ran continuous even though I put the wires on the same terminals. It is a newer module, by the way. I put the old module back in so it wouldn't keep trying to spark. Could the limit switch be my issue? No sure where to go next so, any help is appreciated!

Sponsored Links
Old 10-23-13, 11:36 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,118 Votes on 1,038 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

Not my specialty but it sounds like you have a pilot issue. You said the new module wouldn't stop sparking which means that the sensor is not sensing the pilot flame.

The pilot flame must surround the end of the flame sensor for the proper operation of the pilot safety circuit. .

I would say a cleaning of the pilot assembly flame sensor is in order.

Have you had that unit professionally serviced and cleaned recently ? It's getting up there in years and the heat exchanger needs to be checked and cleaned.

Link to your unit's service manual. Lennoxox G-16(R) manual

Last edited by PJmax; 10-24-13 at 12:01 AM. Reason: Added link