Furnace Woun't turn ON | No clue what wrong

Old 10-25-13, 03:19 PM
W
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Furnace Woun't turn ON | No clue what wrong

I haven't turned my heater on since last winter, so yesterday i was able to manually turn it on my pressing a black button that when the cover is on, it holds it in a position to allow the machine to work. When it reached its desired temp, the hot air turned off and regular air was coming out. Since then i couldn't get the heater back on, I tried manually doing it like before and no dice. I tried looking online on how to turn the pilot on but it didn't work, the gas knob doesn't have a "pilot" setting. The machine turn on but the flames don't come out. I tried using a BBQ lighter to try and light it because i read that maybe the thermostat thing in the furnace could have been bad, but I don't know. Here are some pics of my furnace.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Attached Images    
Old 10-25-13, 05:06 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
You poor dear! You have a Honeywell "Smartvalve" ignition system that should light the pilot each time the thermostat calls for heat. Unfortunately, this is the most unreliable system Honeywell ever put in the field.

Describe carefully and in detail the sequence of events that oxccursa when the thermostat calls for heat.

Old 10-25-13, 06:19 PM
W
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I am not sure how it works I just know that if I put the second cover on, the machine turns on but the heat doesn't.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: