Furnace not engaging

Old 10-26-13, 05:25 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Furnace not engaging

My home is two years old and my furnace won't fully engage. Yesterday was the first time this happened. I looked at the thermostat and noticed the battery low indicator was on, so I changed the batteries and that made the heat come on and worked fine for the day. At 4am this morning I woke up to the interior of my home at 62 and the thermostat is at 69. So I go down and check the furnace. Keep in mind that I am not an HVAC guy but I am somewhat mechanically inclined. My filter is clean, I turned the gas and the power off for a bit while I checked the sensor and cleaned it. I put everything back the way it was and the same thing happened... Nothing. When I push the panel safety switch in, the unit tries to cycle but then cuts off. It repeats the process several times and the result is the same. There is a humming sound that remains constant after it tries to cycle. The humming sound comes from around the circuit board area. Is this a normal sound?

My furnace is a AIRE-FLO model number LC23/37Y9CG

Sponsored Links
Old 10-26-13, 05:43 AM
I should also mention that there is a red light blinking on the control board inside the bottom of the furnace area.

Old 10-26-13, 01:42 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Describe the sequence of events which occurs when the thermostat is turned up, in order and in detail.

Old 10-27-13, 07:54 AM
To replace the battery in your tstat what do you have to do? Does the tstat body front pull off and have little bitty pins that must plug back up just right? I always look for the simple things first!!!