Weatherking WGPH 15 Issues

Old 10-28-13, 10:43 AM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Weatherking WGPH 15 Issues

Please Help. My furnace seems to have issues every year upon start up. This year it worked ok the first couple times that i had to turn on the heat. Friday was a little cold and when i turned on there was no power to the furnace. After having an electrician troubleshoot the no power issue he found that the emergency shutoff switch was bad. I was happy that it appeared to be an $.88 part. Replaced the switch and the furnace powered right up. Of course it wasn't that easy. Now The blower fan continues to run and the burners will not ignite. Even with the thermostat shut off the fan continues to run. I am on a limited budget and cant afford to get a heating guy in for another week or two. Hoping i can fix it myself.

Any ideas where to start?

Old 10-28-13, 10:59 AM
T
First step I'd take would be to turn the power switch off then back on, take the burner door off and observe the process of operation. I'm guessing hot surface ignition (glow bar). Inducer motor should start on call for heat, pressure switch should make, ignitor glows, gas valve clicks and opens. If fire goes out immediately that is signs of a dirty flame sensor.

Old 10-28-13, 11:06 AM
J
as soon as i turn on the power at the emergency switch the blower starts and runs constantly. That's with thermostat off. When i turn on the thermostat and raise temp to call for heat, nothing happens. The blower fan has been running for ten minutes now.

Old 10-28-13, 11:29 AM
T
Have you changed thermostats? I don't believe that model has a view window on the blower door to view the board to see if you are getting error codes. Might have to take off the blower door and hold in the safety switch to see what the codes are. Schematic should tell you that is printed on the wiring diagram.

Old 10-28-13, 02:45 PM
J
I upgraded thermostat 4-5 years ago. This is an older unit. i don't see any lights on it anywhere.

Old 10-28-13, 03:08 PM
J
i found the led's. two green ones are on steady, there is a red or orange one that is out.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: