Ruud Silhouette II -- No heat

Old 11-04-13, 01:00 AM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Ruud Silhouette II -- No heat

Hi, I have an RUUD Silhouette II, model UGPH-10EBRJR. I also have the serial number if that's needed.

Anyway, the issue that I'm having is that there's no heat. The AC works, as does the neutral fan. But, when I turn on the heat no fire comes from the burners, there's a few clicking sounds, and the neutral fan will run for around 2 minutes then turn off.

After it turns off, my thermostat (Honeywell RTH230B) still displays a small flame, showing that it believes the heat is active. I've place a new battery into the thermostat but, that didn't change anything. (Didn't think it would, to be honest.)

I've tried turning the gas switch on and off several times but, there's no flame coming from the burners. When I check the board while the air is blowing, the light that says "Flame" isn't lit up, but the two lights next to it (OK/PWR) are. Steady green lights, not blinking. But, when the fan cuts itself off, the OK light will blink on and off at a non-rapid 1...2...1...2 pace.

I'm really not sure what to do next.. Help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by cadon; 11-04-13 at 01:17 AM. Reason: added new information
Old 11-04-13, 06:56 AM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Pretty sure 2 flashes is pressure switch. Carefully remove the rubber orange tube, make sure it's clear and look for blockage at the inlet of the inducer motor where the hose attaches.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: