carrier furnace

Old 11-06-13, 01:43 PM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
carrier furnace

i have a 7 year old carrier furnace model 58mcb060---10112 .the problen is the furnace runs for 1 hr then shut down for two minutes and starts back agian runs for an hour and then shut down again any help will be very thankfull.and there are no codes readings steady red light

Old 11-06-13, 02:56 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Take the cover off the burner compartment of the furnace.

Observe the sequence of events which occurs when you turn the thermostat up to, oh, 85 degrees. Report that sequence in order and in detail here.

In particular, do the burners remain on constantly, or do they cycle on and off periodically, and what happens to the operation of the fan circulating air around the house?

Old 11-06-13, 04:08 PM
D
took plate off of burner compartment .turned furnace off for 2 minutes started it up inducer runs and burner kicks in about 90 seconds later nice blue flame.heat for about 10 minutes then blows cold .fresh air intake gets warmall runs normal but just runs too long

Old 11-07-13, 10:45 AM
D
any body any advice on a carrier furnace

Old 11-07-13, 12:25 PM
Received 12 Upvotes on 12 Posts
Here is a link to some info that may be of benefit to you:

http://www.docs.hvacpartners.com/idc.../58mcb-2sm.pdf

You stated there is a steady light red light with no codes. I suggest you watch the control board and see if you can observe a code when the furnace decides to shut down. It sounds like the furnace is shutting down on a high limit switch tripping. This is normally caused by lack of air flow. I suggest you make sure the condensate trap is clear and drain line is flowing properly. Also make sure the tubes coming from the inducer motor and to the collector box are clear.

Old 11-07-13, 03:19 PM
D
no water in trap all lines r working a -.cooler is clean brand new filter.no codes at shut down

Old 11-07-13, 04:39 PM
Received 12 Upvotes on 12 Posts
A lot of times with that particular series of furnace the drain tubes were never configured properly. That can cause problems such as yours. Figure 10 in the manual I linked shows the proper hose configuration. If the installer did not route the hoses properly and the plugs not put in the right place it causes problems such as yours to manifest sometimes not until years later. There should be a label that shows proper routing of the hoses on one of the furnace panels. The configuration of the hoses is dependent if the unit is installed vertically and horizontally. I would verify the hoses are routed properly and plugged at the proper location. Did you insure the condensate drain hose at the bottom is completely clear. Here is a link to a recent thread that had a vexing problem with a Carrier furnace with a similar setup and how it was finally resolved:

http://www.doityourself.com/forum/ga...questions.html

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: