gas furnace malfunction with cover in place

Old 11-07-13, 01:21 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
gas furnace malfunction with cover in place

Though there has been a similar thread in the past the description of the other individual's problem was not identical. My unit is a two year old high efficiency goodman gas furnace. Unit fires up perfectly if the cover overlying the furnace compartment is not in place. If the cover is in place the unit starts up with the induction motor and subsequent ignitor glow. The gas flames do not follow, i.e. nothing happens. It is not a flame sensor problem with short lived burst of flames. Eventually, I get a error LED code of system lockout secondary to several failed attempts. Tubes to the induction motor and pressure switches seem patent. Vent from above into the compartment is without obstruction. Called a couple of folks here locally (appliance repair guru at a parts store and a repair service) and no one has any recommendations or ideas. Help much appreciated. Thanks.

Old 11-15-13, 07:54 AM
P
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I had a similar issue. My pipe for the intake and exhaust are only 2" and need to be 3". I leave a screw undone and it lets the pressure blow out of the unit.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: