furnace not heating

Old 11-07-13, 02:38 PM
I
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
furnace not heating

Got a mid efficiency amana furnace have the model number if required.

When callinf for heat thr furnace goes off on high limit and the blower srarts right away and it does so without following the sequence of operation. The inducer motor doesn't start neither does the hsi glow or burners comeon. I see four flashing lights which happens to be high limit .. checked the high limit for continuity its good . Checked the flame roll outs. Good. Return air plenum is open with adequite air . Supply plenum seems to be open and free from blockage. Would like to also add that the circuit board is brand new installed by some tech which didnt solve the problem Any clues ?...

Old 11-07-13, 06:54 PM
I
There is the model number for the furnace any directions in the way to solve this problem will be appreciated. Thank you

Attached Images  
Old 11-07-13, 07:25 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 41 Upvotes on 39 Posts
If you are sure you have tested all of the limit switches and tested them properly (at least one wire disconnected), I would have to say you have a bad board.

Old 11-07-13, 07:42 PM
I
Replaced thw old circuit board aswell. No avail

Old 11-07-13, 08:06 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Have you tested all of the limits as described above?

Old 11-08-13, 07:34 AM
I
Yes I have tested all the limits including roll outs , high limit. I even checked the ventor motor for continuity, its good. The only reason that makes sense to me is thay this specific model comes with ctrl motor( that's what the part is called in sears parts online) some safety there is tripped or wiring short. Not sure if that makes sense but that's my conclusion.

Old 11-08-13, 06:33 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Some venter motors have a limit on them. Are there any wires going to the venter other than the ones going to the motor itself?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: