Bryant 395CAV Flame Sensor Part Number

Old 11-14-13, 07:10 AM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question Bryant 395CAV Flame Sensor Part Number

I've scoured the web, and cannot find the part number for a replacement flame sensor for my Bryant 395CAV furnace.

Can anyone help me out? The result I did find (in spanish) said it was LH680014, but looking at a picture, the sensor has a angled bend in it, and mine is straight so I am leery...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Old 11-14-13, 07:15 PM
Group Moderator
Received 4,103 Upvotes on 3,685 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

That number is the correct one for the partial model number you provided.

Why do you need to replace your flame sensor rod ?
They don't wear out or go bad unless they get damaged.

If you suspect it's defective or not working properly..... clean it with a scothbrite pad or steel wool. You want it to be nice and shiny.

Old 11-15-13, 06:05 AM
M
Thank you for your reply! I was starting to lose hope on getting a reply here.

I had a professional come look and give an estimate, now I am going to do the job myself. So it was the HVAC technician that told me that it needed to be removed. He cleaned it, but said the signal (using a multimeter) was weak, and even after cleaning - said it was weak.

He also suggested replacing the ignitor, so if anyone knows the part number / where to get that, it would be GREATLY appreciated.

Old 11-15-13, 06:16 AM
M
The complete model number is:

395CAV036090

Product: 395CAV036090ACJA

Series: C

Old 11-16-13, 04:47 PM
Received 12 Upvotes on 12 Posts
Based on the complete model number you provided the OEM part number is LH680014. The igniter is part number 332505-751.

Old 11-16-13, 08:40 PM
Group Moderator
Received 4,103 Upvotes on 3,685 Posts
The igniter is very rarely replaced unless it's not working. I keep a spare on hand for all my gas appliances but I don't change them until they go bad.

You're asking about replacing parts. Do you have a specific problem you are trying to remedy ?

The flame sensor rod is nothing more than a piece of metal. It can't give weak readings. The rod is a conductor in a circuit. To troubleshoot a flame sensor problem you'll need a voltmeter that can read microamps. The rod needs to be entirely engulfed in the flame. The burner where the rod is needs to be clean or the flame wont be strong enough for proper conduction.

Usually..... if you have a problem where the burner won't light properly or stay lit it's because it needs to be removed and properly cleaned out.

Rather than typing out the testing sequence..... there are a dozen videos on the Tube that illustrate it. One is below.
flame sensor rod circuit test : you tube

Old 11-17-13, 09:19 PM
M
Received 3 Upvotes on 3 Posts
However the wire going to it can be a problem, very rarely

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: