Goodman Dependable 92 blower question

Old 11-22-13, 12:00 PM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Goodman Dependable 92 blower question

I believe I have a Goodman Dependable 92 gas furnace in my basement. I said believe, because there are no stickers, numbers, or anything that I can find on or in it that hasn't been scratched off or covered with something else.

I have a little experience with furnaces, but this is an interesting problem for me. I started hearing a loud rumbling from my vents and duct work, so I went into the basement and it was very loud at my furnace. When I look through the little window to make sure the gas is lit, I saw something interesting. When looking from left to right, there are 4 gas sprayers which are all lit. Three of the four 'lanes' of gas that shoot through the tubes are flawless, while the second one from the right side is lit, it is sputtering and not all of the flame is shooting down the tube.

I took apart the tubes, the gas line, and the took off the brass gas sprayer heads and cleaned everything, but Im not sure where to look next since nothing I have done fixed anything.

Heat still works and my house is still staying where it should, its just really noisy and Im sure not safe or efficient what so ever.

Thank you in advanced for all your time and help!

Matthew

Old 11-22-13, 04:31 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,897 Upvotes on 3,494 Posts
Exclamation

Welcome to the forums.

Matthew.... that is an issue. I think I'd have a pro look at that. Maybe your local gas company.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: