Tigerloop Riello Leak

Old 11-23-13, 12:51 PM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Tigerloop Riello Leak

I just installed a tigerloop ultra with flexlines from Westwood made forbthe riello metric pump. I have installed the bypass plug untie return line. I used pro dope on all fittings but it appears to leaking at the threads of the ports on pump. The return port leaks right away but after awhile I see oil sweating out and dripping down on the inlet line too. Tries to new brand new lines with same result and lines are tight. Lines threaded in fine, any ideas ? Do I have to replace pump ?

Old 11-23-13, 01:02 PM
C
Could pressure have something to do with this like maybe to high? Just converted from a 1 line sytem.

Old 11-23-13, 02:03 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 41 Upvotes on 39 Posts
On a Riello, I've always used the Riello pump fittings & metric to NPT adaptors. Hoses with Riello (metric) aren't stocked around here. If I understand correctly, the metric hoses are metric on one end & NPT on the other. Are you sure you got the metric end into the pump?

Old 11-23-13, 11:55 PM
C
ya pretty sure because one end uses an adapter from metric to pipe thread 1/4 inch i believe. the other is a direct metric male end which states on a picture to riello pump. I also just looked at pump it is possible maybe it is leaking down from pump cover gasket. it is so hard to see under there becasuse it is so close to floor. It has a cork square gasket there that seems to be a little sweaty on the side and there is also so lines on the back that go to the shutter door valve and something else that look a little sweaty. I did clean side gasket clean earlier but while it was dripping from lines the sides were dry but maybe along the bottom is leaking too. Probably pretty rare that both lines would be leaking very possible it is the cover just above and dripping down both lines. I should probably replace gasket and or o ring if there is one since it is probably cheap before i go nuts and pull pump off to inspect for a crack or whatever ? Thats why i was asking about pressure if it was too high maybe trying to push out a little everywhere, not sure if that makes sense or even possible but i am new at this. I thik someone on here said there is a seal inside that if goes will make leaks everywhere. Maybe this is why i kept getting airlock in the first place bad gasket but it did not drip one bit of oil before tigerloop lines installed.

Old 11-24-13, 09:36 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
I've never seen a Riello with a gasket, always an O-ring.

Old 11-25-13, 02:05 PM
C
Supply house says ya some run a square gasket now for screen cover. I think I am gonna take pump off to fully investigate. Thank you for all your help i really appreciate it. I'll keep ya posted

Old 11-30-13, 06:43 PM
C
new pump installed and it fixed the leak, the seal on back where shaft is was completely dry, it was something to do with where lines connect. New pump installed no leak all good thanks for the help

Old 11-30-13, 07:48 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Glad you got it fixed. Maybe the threads just weren't compatible with those on the hoses. Who knows. The important thing is the leak is gone. Good job.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: