Furnace not lighting all the time?

Old 11-25-13, 08:28 AM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Furnace not lighting all the time?

So this is a weird problem I have a weathermaker 8000 if that helps. So when I turn my heat on lets say to 73 the blower will kick on but there will be no heat. When I open my furnace and release the safety switch then replace the panel. The blower will turn on and ignite and blue flame, all the good stuff. My house will get to the correct temp, then the furnace will turn off. All good so far. But when the temp falls below the desired temp, the fan will turn on but again no heat. I have to go open the panel to trigger the safety switch replace panel and again it will work. Is it the heat sensor? I am lost. I will try to clean the sensor with sandpaper or emery cloth. But why does it work right after I trigger the safety switch?

Old 11-25-13, 10:47 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,877 Upvotes on 3,475 Posts
Your furnace is going into lockout. When you remove power the lockout is reset. There should be a window in the blower door. Next time the furnace fails.... read the LED blinks/code before opening the blower door or turning the power off.

Your flame sensor could need to be cleaned. Steel wool or scothbrite pad works good.

Here's a cool video about your unit.
Carrier Weathermaker 8000 Gas Furnace Start Up and Operation - You Tube

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: