Furnace Problem

Old 11-28-13, 06:29 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Furnace Problem

I have a Rudd oil-fired furnace model No. ROBF-067LBEA949. The problem occurrs usually after running for a while. When you call for more heat the burner will light, fire, then I hear a clicking sound from what looks to be a square black relay on the wiring terminal block that houses the thermostat wires. The square relay says "Becket." I can put my finger on that square box and feel a clicking. Also, if I lift up on the wires it will click and then the furnace will light. Or, if I tap on it, it will also click and light. Sometimes it stays running, sometimes it goes out. The terminal block has 5 screws that are marked with letters - C, Y, G, R, W. Can anyone please tell me what this part is called and a possible part number, and advice on if I should try to get a new one or call someone in?

Old 11-28-13, 08:21 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 41 Upvotes on 39 Posts
The relay kit you need is a Beckett part number 51950U. To get you thru until you can get a replacement, you can connect the red & white thermostat wires directly to the primary control terminals marked T & T.

Here is a link to one place you can get one: Patriot Supply -

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: