Technician Setting Gas Pressure on New Valve

Old 12-09-13, 12:48 PM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Technician Setting Gas Pressure on New Valve

I had a hvac contractor change out a leaking gas valve that was under warranty.

I try not to birddog technicians when they are in my home, but I noticed that after installing the new valve he did not go outside to the 'clock the meter' like the installation instructions say. I also didnt see him using a manometer on the valve. Didnt realize until after he left and I read the furance installation instructions.

Does a technician just know how to set the pressure correctly by visually looking at the flames without doing these things or should I be concerned I didnt see him using a manometer or do anything outside by the meter?

Old 12-09-13, 01:05 PM
T
Most natural gas valves are preset at the factory for proper pressure. LP valves should always be checked and adjusted to proper pressure that is rated on the furnace. If you have concerns, I'd call the contractor and ask. I've personally changed out many N/G valves and never checked the pressure unless I observed a problem with the burners over or under firing.

Old 12-09-13, 01:11 PM
C
what are the signs of over and under firing? BTW: this is NG and was an exact replacement of the original valve.

Old 12-09-13, 01:17 PM
Super Moderator
Received 84 Upvotes on 76 Posts
They are preset and no adjustment should be necessary...

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: