Wind may be effecting my pressure switch on Gas furnace.

Old 01-03-14, 08:35 PM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Wind may be effecting my pressure switch on Gas furnace.

I have a York diamond 80 furnace. I have recently replaced flame rod. Every winter on first start up of winter I have to smack gas valve to get the furnace to ignite then it runs fine. My problem is every cold very WINDY day the furnace cycles and quits. I emptied water out of pressure switch for exhaust fan. This fixed problem for a while but water builds up often in tube and pressure switch. I raised pressure switch up an inch to be higher then vacuum tube. The exhaust 3" vent pipe is only three feet tall and goes to roof. Vent pipe gets very HOT. The furnace is located in eve of attic. Is this Hot exhaust pipe normal?. Is there a way to buffer air blowing from roof down short 3' exhaust pipe? I think it is effecting pressure switch. Any suggestions?

Old 01-03-14, 08:58 PM
T
I'd question the proper drainage being installed. I've taken care of wind caused furnace problems, but never seen water in the pressure switch because of the wind.

Old 01-04-14, 09:05 AM
D
Thanks tinmantu, How did you take care of wind problem? DebinVA

Old 01-05-14, 11:11 AM
D
can you tell me how you fixed your wind problem? Debin VA

Old 01-05-14, 01:48 PM
S
flue

hello,

need more info. does the vent pipe go thru the roof and only extend 3 feet past the roof surface? where is the vent pipe in relation to the highest point of the roof? the vent pipe should extend 3 feet past the highest pint of the roof to operate properly

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: