Rheem Classic Pro 90 Error Codes

Old 01-10-14, 06:12 PM
O
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Rheem Classic Pro 90 Error Codes

I am having trouble with my furnace. Two days ago it was acting up, it wouldn't kick on until the it was 5 degrees below the set temp, and now today it won't kick on until 10 degrees below the temperature and will not reach the set temp. It will work if I reset the furnace, but only once it will not happen when the temp falls again. The 'ON' LED light in the panel blinks twice. I can not find anywhere what that means. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Old 01-10-14, 06:37 PM
T
Under the schematic on your blower cabinet door should be the codes. I believe code 2 is pressure switch.

Old 01-10-14, 07:11 PM
O
The codes are missing from my panel, that was the first place I looked. But I think you're right, it's the pressure. Could anyone point me in the direction of how to trouble shoot that. Do I need to replace the pressure switches? I am not sure what the pressure switches measure the pressure of. As an aside, when I looked at the pressure switches the induction motor was really hot. Like didn't seem like it should be so hot. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Old 01-10-14, 07:46 PM
T
Make sure all hoses are clear and the openings that they attach to are clear with a paper clip. If the motor is running hot, it could be dropping out due to protective over limit. Any disruption of the motor will cause the pressure switch to drop out.

Old 01-11-14, 07:20 PM
O
Must've been something in the flue pipe on the roof or something in the hoses that I cleared out because the problem is fixed now. No more flashing lights, and the heat kicks on and runs to the set temp. Probably ice or snow or something. Thank you very much everyone for the help.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: