Intertherm gas furnace to Propane

Old 01-13-14, 02:21 PM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Intertherm gas furnace to Propane

Hello every one first off I would like to say thank you in advance for any answers and help I receive. I have a Intertherm gas furnace that I would like to convert to propane "LP" Im almost 100% sure that I can convert it since it gives orifice sizes for LP on the unit.

Intertherm 60,000 btu output
Model # MGH-075ABWN-06
Serial # MGH8903-01869

Thanks again any help is appreciated.

Old 01-13-14, 02:49 PM
T
Not familiar with the gas valve in it, but some models have a screw to turn (old colemans) or a spring to be added to press down the valve to be fully open, along with changing the orfices, the pilot orifice also needs to be changed. I'd consider a pro to set it up for you if you don't have the install manual. Sooting and other problems can occur if it's isn't properly set for pressures........Edit, the old coleman valves you actually switched ends of the assy screw for either. Some appliances come with the turning of the screw. Bottom line to all out there, don't play with gas to save a few bucks, please.

Old 01-13-14, 03:12 PM
C
thank you I am going to have a pro look at it for the pressure and just to verify its done right. I am also going to try and locate a manual for this furnace to better aid me. thanks again

Old 01-13-14, 04:02 PM
C
And also does anyone no were I can get a manual for this furnace at. I cant seem to find anything on the internet thanks

Old 01-14-14, 10:22 AM
C
Is there anyone that has worked with this furnace
Intertherm
Model # MGH-075ABWN-06
SERIAL # MGH8903-01869

Old 01-14-14, 07:47 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 37 Votes on 35 Posts
The gas valve on that furnace may be one which requires only the removal of a cap/plug, turning it over & re-installing it. Most moble home furnaces are made that way. You will have to change the orifice.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: