lennox g16 inducer runs constanly

Old 02-09-14, 08:06 AM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
lennox g16 inducer runs constanly

In morning/every morning the inducer is running but no heat. After furnace off for a few hours the unit doesn't ignite or even spark when the thermostat requests heat. The inducer is running but not spark. If I cycle power the system works fine 100% of the time. If I remove, reconnect pressure switch hose at exhaust it starts working. I already replaced pressure switch

Old 02-09-14, 10:48 AM
J
updated info

when in the broken state with igniter fan running, if I just remove and reconnect the mv input to the igniter output of pressure sensor

Old 02-09-14, 10:51 AM
J
quick update

when in the broken state with igniter fan running, if I just remove and reconnect the mv input to the igniter/output of pressure sensor it runs normally .... sounds like the igniter module??

Old 02-09-14, 12:04 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,877 Upvotes on 3,475 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

It's very rarely a defective pressure switch. You need to use a meter to see if the switch is closing on the pressure switch after the draft inducer starts.

You should have a control board in the blower section with a clear sight glass to see it without opening the door. If you open the blower door you should see a list of codes on the inside of it. The door needs to be in place for the system to work as well as if you remove the door.... it will clear the code(s).

Old 02-09-14, 05:22 PM
J
it is, there is always 27v at the output of the pressure switch but not voltage on any other igniter connections. THis is an older furnace, no LED's or codes.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: