No furnace heat, Heil system

Old 02-28-14, 09:09 PM
Z
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No furnace heat, Heil system

I have a Heil split system, model N4H442AK B20C . It was working fine up until last night when I woke up and noticed it was a little chilly in the house. I went downstairs and the thermostat showed the house to be at 62 degrees, even though it's set at 68.

I checked the furnace and noticed it was not on. Checked the propane tank to make sure I had fuel and it is 80% full, but the valve was barely on. Turned the valve all of the way on, did a hard reset by flipping the breakers, and it started working fine and worked all of the rest of the night.

Today I get home from work and see that the house is once again lower than it what is set on the thermostat. I go and check the furnace and again it is not on. I check the light and it is blinking 8 times, stating that the high pressure switch is staying closed. When the furnace is cycling, I can see the ignitor light up, the valve is going crazy with clicking, but there is no gas getting through.

I checked the wiring and it is wired correctly, per the schematic on the cover panel. I pull the tube off of the blower, suck on it and I can hear the switch clicking. I put the hose on the blower, blow/suck and I feel no resistance in the blower. I put everything back together, do another hard reset, but this time the furnace doesn't work after the 5-minute delay.

Now, things are turning on in sequence, blower, ingnitor, etc. but still the valve isn't opening due to the high pressure switch remaining closed. Would this most likely be the switch, or could it possibly be the valve not working correctly but throwing the code for the switch? Any ideas on what I should look for/at?

Thanks.

Old 02-28-14, 09:18 PM
Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts
Check the pressure switch for continuity with the power off - if it's closed without the combustion air blower running, you need a new one.

Replace it with an identical pressure switch if you can source one; otherwise you'll have to call someone.

Old 03-01-14, 02:52 PM
S
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When you hear the valve clicking put a volt meter on it and see if you are geting a steady 24 volts or more. If you are the gas valve might be bad. If the voltage is jumping up and down maybe a bad module.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: