Goodman gmpn060-3 rev a, lots of water coming from condensation drain trap

Old 03-01-14, 05:03 PM
M
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Goodman gmpn060-3 rev a, lots of water coming from condensation drain trap

Click here for larger pictures

I was in my crawl space today and I noticed a large puddle of water under my furnace. When the heat kicked on I noticed that it was coming from the condensation drain trap in the first picture.

I haven't measured how much water is coming out, but it seems like a lot. Is it normal for a lot of water to be coming out from there? I was wondering if this is normal and I just need to have it drain somewhere, or if this was indicative of a larger problem.

If having a lot of water come out from the condensation drain trap is normal, I can't believe this has been allowed to just drain in the floor of the crawl space..

Thanks!

Attached Images   

Last edited by mikeb27; 03-01-14 at 05:40 PM.
Old 03-01-14, 05:27 PM
S
Having trouble seeing the pics. It is normal to have water coming from your type of funace. Somebody got lazy on your drain line.

Old 03-01-14, 05:43 PM
M
Thanks for the reply. I added some pictures directly to the post if you wanted to see them. I'll likely cut the pipe that's right in front of the drain and add a T connection to let the furnace drain out.

Old 03-02-14, 09:03 AM
Group Moderator
Received 3,154 Likes on 2,834 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

Just keep in mind that you are in a cold area and you don't want the drain lines to freeze shut.

Old 03-02-14, 11:51 AM
S
The top picture is interesting. I don't think the drain is using that trap. Maybe someone who has used that trap will come along and help. Some things not right about it. I would pull the cover off and see if that trap is being used.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: