Oil Furnace Having problem while starting

Old 03-11-14, 07:57 PM
V
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Oil Furnace Having problem while starting

I was running law on oil and problem started after I got oil. I think lines were clogged and tech came but was not very familiar with work. After that I clean the lines, change the filter and another tech came in and changed the nozzle. I am still having problem, here is the video link of the problem. IMG 0222 - YouTube feature=youtu.be
Looks like primary controller makes lots of noise and draft inducer makes lot of noise. (Furnace does work and is heating.)
Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you for your time.

Old 03-11-14, 11:47 PM
F
Received 38 Upvotes on 30 Posts
You do NOT have a "draft inducer" on that boiler. You DO have a forced draft burner. The flame is going out and then re-igniting in a rapid cycle. This is shown by the barometric draft damper swinging so wildly. The clicking noise could be the damper hitting the stop or it could be the relay in the primary control chattering. If an oil solenoid valve is installed it could be that valve that is the source of the clicking.

Several possibilities on WHY the flame is failing and then re-igniting. I do not feel comfortable in trying to troubleshoot long distance what can be a VERY dangerous situation. You need a COMPETENT oil burner technician.

Old 03-12-14, 06:22 AM
T
Received 31 Upvotes on 25 Posts
Shut that down!!

You can see sparks around the reset button on the primary control!!!
NOT GOOD

Old 03-15-14, 12:19 PM
V
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thank you guys, is it possible that cleaning needed or something failing ?

Old 03-16-14, 02:44 AM
F
Received 38 Upvotes on 30 Posts
It could be one, or several, of many different things. Unless a person has experience with oil burners, which it seems that you do not, it is dangerous for someone remote to suggest doing any one thing and not checking several other things as a matter of course.

The only thing I know for certain is that your flame is shutting off and re-igniting rapidly.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: