Gas furnace help

Old 03-12-14, 09:11 PM
P
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gas furnace help

I have a fedders f80a gas furnace. Our gas was shut off for a few hours while gas co. repaired gas leaks in the street. When gas was restored, furnace would not start. I cannot find a reset switch and the led lights will not come on to see how many blinks. I have turned the breakers to the furnace off several times to attempt to reset it, which has not done squat. Getting very cold for the next few days and we would like to have heat. Cam anyone tell me where the reset switch for this furnace is? Please?

Old 03-12-14, 09:56 PM
K
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
im not too sure, but u can try to open the down pannel , where are the electronic board at, should be a reset some where i think

Old 03-13-14, 01:12 AM
F
Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts
If the gas piping outside the house was opened for repairs it is likely the piping to your house has air in it. You will have to "bleed" the air out before the furnace will light. If you have a standing (always lit) pilot light then the bleeding will have to be done manually. If you have a spark-ignited pilot it may self bleed if you just leave it alone. If you have a hot-surface igniter (It glows white hot in the ignition sequence) it MIGHT self bleed.

If it needs to be manually bled then it will require disconnecting a pipe in the furnace and waiting for the traditional gas smell before reconnecting the pipe. You should call the gas utility and have them send someone out to do this. It IS their responsibility since they (or their contractor) was responsible for the air entering the system.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: