Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Heating, Cooling, Air Conditioning, Ventilation and T-Stat Controls > Gas and Oil Home Heating Furnaces
Reload this Page >

RUUD Quiet 80 Series....anyone know where I can look up blinking light codes?

Old 03-26-14, 10:46 AM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts

Hi all,

I have a RUUD Quiet 80 series. I woke up this morning to discover that the house temperature was much lower than the setting on the thermastat.

After turning the breaker switch off then back on, the Ruud unit seems to be working again (though it took 2 tries for it to start generating warm air), but while it's running, I noticed that there are 2 lights that are on....the one on the right is solid green, but the one on the left is amber, and blinking....

I'm assuming that means something is wrong, and was wondering if anybody knows where I can find information in regards to the blinking amber light to try and diagnose what the problem is. I couldn't find any documentation when searching google or the Ruud website....

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated!

Old 03-26-14, 10:51 AM
S
Have you looked on the inside of the furnace panel?

Old 03-26-14, 12:50 PM
M
Upvotes: 0
Skag - Thx a lot; found it right on the inside of the panel!!

The amber blinking seems to indicate "marginal flame sensed"....apparently it should be a solid amber color if there were wasn't a problem...

I just tried removing the flame sensor and cleaned it with a scott pad, as recommended in a different thread, then reinstalled. It didn't change the blinking pattern though.

Anybody have any suggestions of other things I should try?

Old 03-27-14, 07:29 AM
S
Make sure the flame sensor is directly in the flame. You might have to adjust it.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: