intertherm msh065 questions

Old 03-27-14, 11:25 AM
X
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
intertherm msh065 questions

I have a 33 year old oil furnace model msh065 and im new to this type of furnace. I recently discovered my tank had no filter for I dont know how long had a new nozzle put in but I think its partially plugged due to no filter in it, yes I put one in.

I read about a cracked heat exchanger that these are famous for but I get no drafts and no carbon monoxide in my house as I have a carbon monoxide/ fire alarm not sure how to be sure though? Air does come out my inspection port when I open the little door. When the heat blows I hear a loud thump/bang sounds like it comes from behind the blower/ heat exchanger? could be echoing for all I know and when it stops blowing heat another thump/ bang will occur.

Also my pump makes a chirp? Best way I can describe it not constant but sometimes it will chirp I am thinking its possibly due to the filterless tank for god knows how long.

My tank is 950ish liters i think and my current usage seems high drops an inch every few days but im only running it at night and using a space heater during the day. its not super cold either and currently have no plastic on my windows (only been here a month and a bit and doing renos) since about the 10th of feb ive gone through roughly 500-600 liters but some of my house was not sealed properly and for a week or so we had -30 degree celcuis weather.

Also after the heat blows the fan will continue to blow for about a minute and after it stops a minute or so later the fan will blow again for a little bit again.

Last edited by xcaliber81; 03-27-14 at 12:11 PM.
Old 03-27-14, 11:37 AM
X
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Did some editing missed some. Also its a downforce and its located in a mobile home.

Old 03-27-14, 07:34 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 41 Upvotes on 39 Posts
I am absolutely amazed there is an MSH-065 which is 33 years old & still running. I strongly urge you to contact a local professional experienced with this furnace. Have them come out & check the furnace completely. There is a strong possibility there are issues with the heat exchanger.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: