rheem 90 plus no heat. kicks on but kicks off after about 30 seconds

Old 05-16-14, 09:59 PM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
rheem 90 plus no heat. kicks on but kicks off after about 30 seconds

Ok so I've got a rheem 90 plus in a property that I am renting. This problem has happened before and every time I have him come out he says it's always the reset switch. There is a main power switch that I saw when I went down by it and I switched it off then back on and it kicked in then kicked back off. I opened it up and it had a red switch that was on. Switched that off then back on and got nothing.
Help?

Old 05-16-14, 11:15 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,947 Upvotes on 3,540 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

Not quire sure what red switch you are referring too. Does it look what's in the picture below ?
If it is the safety stat that is tripping then your technician should be looking for the cause of the problem..... not just resetting it and leaving.

If what I have pictured is not the problem then I'll need a model number of your furnace and a picture would help too.

http://www.doityourself.com/forum/el...-pictures.html

Name:  rollout.jpg
Views: 228
Size:  22.8 KB

Old 05-17-14, 07:55 AM
B
I'm currently at work so I cannot provide a picture now. But the model number is
RGRA 07EMAES
The red switch I am referring to is the one one that reads on/off inside the furnace.

Old 05-17-14, 09:02 AM
Group Moderator
Received 3,947 Upvotes on 3,540 Posts
Are you talking about a switch that looks the same as a regular light switch and is mounted on a plate that is red and says Emergency or Gas burner ?
That would be a service switch and is supposed to be on the outside of the furnace.

Other than that the only other switch inside the furnace that says on and off is on the gas valve and is not a reset switch.

Old 05-17-14, 12:27 PM
R
Ok again pull the bottom panel off, the with the thermostat turned up high, and pushing the panel cover switch in, let the furnace fire up. Watch what the LED on the control board does. There is a list of fault codes on the panel. My bet is you have a bad limit switch.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: