Looking for Carrier 58SS Wiring Harness or Molex connector

Old 06-21-14, 09:18 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Looking for Carrier 58SS Wiring Harness or Molex connector

Hello folks,

Newbie here. I think I've only posted here once before

I am hoping someone out there has access to old furnaces or may know of somewhere I can get either a scrap wiring harness or the 7-pin connector from the harness for pretty cheap. I only need the connector (that attaches to the inducer control board) with about 3" of wire on it so I can splice it onto my existing harness. The connector is fried but I'll be posting about that later. Now I just need to get the system working again before it's too hot.

Harness P/N is 305764-701. Sells for $60 used on ebay... WAY more than
I would like to spend just to get the section with the connector.

The molex connector P/N is 8708-7 but i've already been in contact with Molex and they have no record of this part. I don't even think they make this type of connector anymore

This would be my ideal fix.

My 'plan B' would be to solder a pigtail onto the inducer board and just use a standard molex 6 pin connector. Don't really want to go this way but will if I have to.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Brent

Sponsored Links
Old 06-21-14, 09:37 PM
Group Moderator
Received 340 Votes on 318 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

Usually you can find just those connectors if you know where to look. I see the wiring cable all over the internet which tells me it's a common failure item.

molex 8708-7 Availability & Rapid Quote Request

I get a lot of parts from Mouser. They have an interactive cross reference chart that you can set parameters. Maybe this would of some help.
Molex molex connector Headers & Wire Housings | Mouser

Old 06-22-14, 05:48 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the reply PJmax but I have already been down that road. There are a lot of websites that make it appear they have your part no matter what part number you search.

The problem is the age of this connector. It's old technology so my best bet for a cost effective solution is to get a used harness if someone has access to scrap HVAC units or parts.

Just thought I'd give it a shot.