Need Help with 2 pipe Oil Line System Under ground tank/

Old 07-06-14, 01:12 PM
Need Help with 2 pipe Oil Line System Under ground tank/

Hello
I have been having a problem with the supply line (oil input) with clogging and air in line (burner shutdown)
I have cleared it numerous times with T30 pump ( clogged at 1st then opens right up and Clean oil will then come out after pumping back into tank and then back to burner room)
This line is clogging almost every other day now
I have Gas coming in 6 weeks so I just need to keep this unit running a bit longer.
I have a 2 pipe system and have checked the return line and it is not clogged, only the supply line seems to be clogging,
My question is can I just reverse these lines (supply becomes the return and visa versa)?
I need this water heater to last a few more weeks than out she goes.
Thanks for all the reponses.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-14, 02:06 PM
Maybe I could just use the return line as a sigle pipe system just need to mode the oil pump back from 2 pipe.
The return does flow in both directions when pumped with T30 vac/pump

Old 07-13-14, 07:37 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Sorrry for the slow reply. If you haven't figured out a solution yet, here is a suggestion provided there is not a check valve of any sort in the supply line:

Once you clear the line, pump a couple of gallons of K1 kerosene backward thru the supply line & into the tank. The kero will help to cut the sludge from the inside of the line.