Only fan running.

Old 07-20-14, 01:13 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Only fan running.

Can this furnace be made to run fan only without heat. If the picture does not work can someone tell me how to upload a picture.

It's a Payne 394gaw000075 it's old. On the panel with the wires that go to the thermostat there is "C Gh R W" currently only 2 wires are connected "R W" I am using an after market digital thermostat with the option of fan "Auto or On" and "Heat, Off or Cold"

Thank you very much

Payne Photo by Spacefish95 | Photobucket

Old 07-20-14, 01:36 PM
F
Received 39 Upvotes on 31 Posts
Three ways to accomplish your task, easy, a little less easy and difficult. Starting with the easiest all you need to do is add a "jumper" wire from the R terminal to the GR (pretty sure rather than Gh as you posted) terminal. This will cause the fan to run continuously as long as the main power switch is on.

A little more difficult is to connect a common switch mounted in/on the furnace cabinet with the two switch wires going to R and GR. This will allow continuous fan operation whenever the added switch is on.

Difficult method would entail replacing the existing thermostat cable with a multi-conductor cable and connecting the green wire to the G terminal in the thermostat and the GR terminal at the furnace. This would allow you to use the fan Auto-On switch at the thermostat.

Old 07-20-14, 02:31 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I connected the "Gh to C" on the furnace and the fan ran like I want. After 2 min running it started to smell like toasted marshmallows so I pulled the plug. Put all back to normal and heater/fan work same as before. Maybe I just need to wait until we get ac and a new heater. Hehe

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: