Load Calculations

Old 03-15-01, 07:51 PM
Visiting Guest
Question

I am getting quotes for a new central HVAC system. The three contractors that have been out have all given me a different size system for my home. Can you tell me how to do my own calculations?

Thanks
vp

Old 03-16-01, 12:21 AM
Visiting Guest
I suppose each had equally strong convictions as to why his sizing was right. Its a shame contractors do this to the buying public. From the information you have supplied I would estimate you need a eleven and a half ton air conditioner and a afterburner mounted on the wall of the den. No need to thank me, I'm your local utility. Just kidding friend. Go back and ask your bidders what they based there sizing on. You may have to pay for a manual J load calculation on your house. Get this step wrong, pay for it forever. Good for you for looking for answers. Try getting more bidders.

Old 03-16-01, 03:23 AM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Load calc.

Hi,

Try http://www.hvaccomputer.com or e-mail Don Sleeth --- don@hvaccomputer.com . They offer a residential Load Calc. program for homeowners for about $39.00 that's professional and easy for Homeowners who wish to check their load calcs. themselves.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: