York Furnace Shut Down with Pressure Switch Lockout code

Old 10-24-14, 05:16 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
York Furnace Shut Down with Pressure Switch Lockout code

I have a York Model TG95080 gas furnace that was installed four years ago. It works most of the time but occasionally will not start due to a Pressure Switch Lockout code. This seems to occur in the early and late season and maybe when the humidity is high. If I recycle the power a couple of times, I have always been able to get the furnace to work again (and it will continue to work).
The furnace has always done this and the installer has replaced a few parts and added a water trap on the exhaust pipe (the water trap is required as per the manual).

The manual specifies a maximum of 65' for 2" vent pipes but my measurements indicate a length of 81.75' (34.25' pipe plus eight 90deg long sweep elbows plus three 45deg elbows).

I suspect the extra vent pipe length is the cause. Is there a way to prove this is the problem? And thus, maybe convince the installer that this is his problem?

Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-14, 11:42 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
WOW, he didn't install the condensate trap? Yes there is a way test it, but I wouldn't consider it a DIY job. Call him back till he figures it out. I would pull the combustion blower out and inspect it.