Old Carrier furnace/trouble installing replacement ignitor control module

Old 10-29-14, 09:24 AM
H
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old Carrier furnace/trouble installing replacement ignitor control module

I have an old Carrier gas furnace, model#58ES080. Replacing ignitor control module #G60QBG with Johnson Controls module P/N CSA46A-600R. This module has (3) extra connectors on one end, plus a "jumper" cable. Need help with wiring as I have no diagram or schematic. Thank you in advance for any help!

Old 10-29-14, 12:04 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Welcome to the forums!! Here is a link to a document that may be of some benefit to you:

http://dms.hvacpartners.com/docs/100...7/58ES-6SI.pdf

Figure 4 on page 3 shows the wiring diagram for your furnace. I have attached photos of the module you want to install in case other forum members may be familiar with it and can provide additional info.

Attached Images     

Last edited by firedawgsatx; 10-29-14 at 12:31 PM.
Old 10-29-14, 06:19 PM
H
thanks!

thanks for the pics..almost can see how the "jumper" cable is connected. I found the pdf manual also. Still hoping someone out there knows exactly how to connect.

Old 10-29-14, 06:27 PM
I believe that Y79 plug on the end is known as a Y79 lockout and may not be used on your furnace. Here is a link to a manual that might help by looking at the wiring diagrams. I believe the jumper in the photo I posted in slot 6 goes to the transformer.

http://cgproducts.johnsoncontrols.co...df/1201136.pdf

Old 10-30-14, 07:15 AM
H
damper plug?

wow. this should really help. Only thing I can see having a problem is I don't have "damper plug", whether it didn't come with the module or is/was lost. I had spare new module sitting in box (new) for years, who knows where the damper plug could have gone...looks like i need one...is this a part easily found ad hvac parts supply?

Old 10-30-14, 11:07 AM
I think it will be nearly impossible to find the damper plug by itself.

Old 10-30-14, 04:14 PM
H
damper hasn't been in use..had been disconnected years ago. Was connected via external 'box". Maybe I don't even need the damper plug then or am I missing something. I will read manual over closely as I have time now…thanks again for all your help!

Old 10-30-14, 04:22 PM
Because of the age of the control module, information on it is pretty sparse. If you operated the furnace without the damper plug in place then maybe you don't require it to be present. I suppose you would just have to try it and see if it will work. I am still going through my files to see if I come across any additional reference material.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: