tempstar 7000 NULK125DK08 Blower Motor not working...

Old 11-01-14, 10:31 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
tempstar 7000 NULK125DK08 Blower Motor not working...

I live in west central illinois, so it can get pretty cold here. Right now it's hit or miss whether it is 25-45, or 46-65....I live in a 1 1/2 story old 1920s farm house. I have a Tempstar 7000 super high efficiency furnace that runs off propane. NULK125D08 was what was written on the blower motor. The smaller fan comes on and the flames ignite, but the main blower doesn't come on. We have checked to make sure nothing was stuck in it, and still nothing. The flames stay lit for a minute or two and then shut themselves off. The a/c does not turn on anymore either. And when I set the fan from auto to on it doesn't turn on then either. HELP! Please and thank you!

Sponsored Links
Old 11-01-14, 10:37 AM
Group Moderator
Received 339 Votes on 317 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

You've identified the problem as a a blower failure.
What can we do for you ? Are you going to replace the blower motor yourself ?

Most blower motors use a capacitor and yours may be defective.
Your first step would be to see if the motor/blower is frozen.
This would require turning off the power to the furnace and removing the lower blower access door.

The motor number you posted turns up no hits. You could post the model number of the furnace. It's going to be located on the side wall near the burner.

Old 11-01-14, 11:36 AM
I have an update to this....and then will also answer the new post...

We took out the blower unit and made sure it was clean, and unobstructed. Which it was. The fan when manual spun, spins. So it is not seized. We also took out the capacitor and when we touched a multi meter to the posts that the wires were connected to nothing happened. I posted a link to a picture, the one we took out and did that to looks like the one on the left. We ten tried set the therm to cool and everything came on, the ac unit and the fan! Turned it off, set the fan from auto to on and it came on! set it back to auto, turned on the heat, and everything ignited, the small fan came on, but the blower did not, but did when switched to the on position while everything was still ignited. we let it run for about 10 mins turned it off, waited 10 mins....and then tried again in the auto position. Nothing. And now the ac doesnt come on again, and the fan isnt coming on when put from auto to on again.

I believe the number I gave you is the model number for the furnace. It is the only number we have been able to find. There was also a serial number of L933214145

Old 11-01-14, 11:39 AM
Old 11-01-14, 12:33 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
The NULK number you posted is the furnace model number. The 7000 is the series. That furnace should have a 1hp blower motor & use a 15mf capacitor.

Old 11-01-14, 12:40 PM
another update:

after having let the system sit for a while, and then testing the fan again it worked again, but still not while in auto. so it seems as though the fan works, but it we run it while in auto position until the small fan turns off we have to wait about 15 mins or so before it will work at all again. so something is stopping it from coming on while in auto position. we took the faceplate off for the thermostat and jumped the wires to see if it was maybe our thermostat, and it isn't...it still did the same thing. Any ideas what would cause the fan to not work in auto position and if test can be done on that part where i might find it? (i wish i had a manual to find these parts myself, but i can't find one!)

Old 11-01-14, 12:56 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Here is part 2 of the service manual for your furnace. On pg. 82 is the wiring diagram. http://icpindexing.toddsit.com/docum...20PART%202.pdf

Old 11-01-14, 01:02 PM
my model number is not in that list...the list only goes up to 07 and mine is 08 at the end of the model number

Old 11-01-14, 01:34 PM
ok, just found the wiring diagram on the actual unit itself. I am going to try to jump the wires from right on the system to make sure it's not any type of wire issue from the unit to the therm. If that ends up yielding the same results then i can only assume its the fan relay causing the limit switch to shut everything down? Would others agree with that?

Old 11-01-14, 03:01 PM
not the wiring....not the thermostat....they all produce the same thing. Does anyone here know if there is a way to test if your fan relay is good or not?

Old 11-01-14, 03:04 PM
Group Moderator
Received 339 Votes on 317 Posts
The easiest way to determine if the fan relay is at fault is to monitor the voltage right at the blower motor.

Old 11-01-14, 03:38 PM
I am going to sound like an idiot here but could you explain how I would do that please?