Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Heating, Cooling, Air Conditioning, Ventilation and T-Stat Controls > Gas and Oil Home Heating Furnaces
Reload this Page >

No heat, Trane xe 80, already ruled things out, very confused, please help!!

Old 11-04-14, 08:40 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts

So my heat is out on my TRANE XE 80 TUD080C948J1. I get 3 flashes from the LED. There is a call for heat from the thermostat. The inducer motor turns on and it spins smoothly when I turn it by hand. I replaced the pressure switch, ignitor and flame sensor. One time I saw the new ignitor light up, but only once. I don't have anything blocking the exhaust and I checked the rubber tube runnng from the pressure switch to the inducer. there are no clogs there. All this and I still get 3 flashes and no heat. what am I missing? bad board? Gas valve? Any thoughts? thank you.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-04-14, 08:58 AM
Welcome to the forums!! Did you check the port where the pressure hose connects to the inducer motor? Often times the small hole will get clogged with crud and prevent adequate vacuum from closing the pressure switch. You can use an opened paper clip or small drill bit to ream it out. Make sure it is clear all the way through.

Old 11-04-14, 09:31 AM
Yep, already checked it. It's clear.

Old 11-04-14, 11:07 AM
A 3 flash code points to three things: A pressure switch problem, a vent problem or an inducer problem. You checked the vent, replaced the pressure switch, and stated the inducer port and hose is clear. The fact that you replaced the ignitor but has only glowed once would indicate either the pressure switch is not closing, the control board is not sending 115V to the ignitor or the inducer motor is not creating enough vacuum to close the pressure switch.