Lennox Elite Gas Furnace - No Heat (LEDs show "normal operation")

Old 11-12-14, 11:10 AM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Lennox Elite Gas Furnace - No Heat (LEDs show "normal operation")

I have a Lennox Elite series Gas furnace that we just tried to fire up for the first time of the fall season here in North TX. Here is the issue i am having:

When system set to "HEAT" and Fan set to "AUTO", nothing happens at all. I can set the Fan to "ON" and it will kick in and blow air, but the furnace does not light up at all.

I have opened the furnace door to check the Status LED lights, both Red & Green lights blink Simultaneously Slow (1 sec interval) which the sticker inside the door says "Normal Operation".

Does anyone have any advice on how to trouble-shoot this problem? It is below freezing for the next few days and my HVAC repairman is pretty backed up, won't be here for a few days.

Thanks.

Outside Temp: 30 degrees
Inside Temp: 60 degrees (and dropping)
Lennox Elite Series Gas Furnace (do not know where to find the model number)
Age of unit: +/- 7 years

Here are a few photos, hopefully this helps some:
Name:  IMG_8598.jpg
Views: 4601
Size:  51.7 KB
Name:  IMG_8599.jpg
Views: 7666
Size:  50.3 KB
Name:  IMG_8597.jpg
Views: 6095
Size:  43.0 KB

Old 11-12-14, 11:15 AM
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Welcome to the forum!! It could be an issue with the thermostat. I suggest you turn off power to the furnace. Then remove the wires from the R and W terminals on the thermostat and twist them together. Then restore power to the furnace. If the furnace ignites it points to a thermostat problem. Have you changed the thermostat since you last used the furnace?

Old 11-12-14, 11:27 AM
OK I was about to start a similar thread.

I bought a house last year with a Lennox Oil furnace and when we had our first cold front the furnace just stopped working. Blower worked fine, but blew cold air. I was out of town at the time so I had to call a service guy. The misses said the service guy showed up and said "ohh you just do blah blah blah, it takes 5 minutes". and of course....she didn't remember what he said.

It was apparently something that needs to be done every year...I have NO idea what it is but this morning I woke up and it was 51 degrees in the house...it happened again.

Maybe it's the same issue? Simple fix?

Old 11-12-14, 11:31 AM
C
Problem Solved

PROBLEM SOLVED!!

The W wire had come loose and was just barely not connected. I got it back securely in place and everything got back to normal!

Thanks so much for your help @firedawgsatx

Old 11-12-14, 11:34 AM
Glad to hear it was a simple fix. It is definitely colder today than I like it here in Texas.

Old 11-12-14, 11:34 AM
C
PROBLEM SOLVED - Thanks!

PROBLEM SOLVED!!

The W wire had come loose and was just barely not connected. I got it back securely in place and everything got back to normal!

Thanks so much for your help @firedawgsatx

Old 11-12-14, 11:38 AM
ladhilbluesband,

I am not sure if it is the same issue you are having but it wouldn't hurt to try it. If it doesn't work, go ahead and post back with the model number of your furnace. A lot of times the inducer port where the pressure switch hose connects gets crud in the small hole and needs to be reamed out. Do you have any flash codes on your control board?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: