unreliable fall furnace

Old 11-14-14, 10:49 AM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
unreliable fall furnace

Hello,

First I am not entirely certain of the age of this furnace.

We have a "Dynavent miniature gas furnace" model no. DNV-25.

It is rather unreliable. It will turn on and quickly heat the room (roughly 300 -350 sqft). However it will most just run the fan and pump cold air in and then VERY occasionally actually fire up and gift us with heat.

This was last year; I have since removed the thermostat from the wall and the wiring when we painted. This house is new to us and we had full intentions of having a gas fireplace mounted in its current location by now... Well life happened and our plans got shot to *profanity filter*... I can easily install a new thermostat (or just cross the wires for testing purposes?) ... My knowledge is limited to auto repair, framing roofing and siding. I have never dealt with anything HVAC related... Although I could easily frame in a new hole in the wall if needing to install something new (I just dont fireproofing regulations/risks for installing a gas fire place in the wall... I would be able to easily frame it so it vents outside)

A furnace repair tech was just here took one look at it and basically left. Most guys want to charge just for showing up whether or not they can repair it and I'm just not in the market for throwing my (very limited) money away. So I was hoping in everyones infinite wisdom that I may discover a nice solution here.

Thankyou very much for reading and I will wait anxiously for your responses.

Old 11-14-14, 11:47 AM
S
If you have a voltmeter check the limit switch. It has a red and black wires attached. Then check the sail switch. It has a black and yellow wires attached.

Old 11-15-14, 03:57 AM
J
Upvotes: 0
I don't personally own one but will ask around and post back.

Thank you

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: