need help with venting...

Old 11-19-14, 02:48 PM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Cool need help with venting...

Hello there and thank you for reading. I have a Perfection Schwank 1988 model radiant space heater. 70k btu, model number WVRC270CTN-0. I obtained the unit for free, and was told that it works. The unit had a 6'' 90 coming off the back, appears to be galvanized. My question is this: what kind of chimney should this unit vent with, and is it worth hooking up? I'm wanting to put it in my unfinished basement/garage. I've had no luck fishing around on the internet for any information as to how this unit is supposed to be vented, and have never seen anything vented in single wall. Just trying to get heat down here as cheaply as possible lol Any advice is appreciated!

Old 11-19-14, 03:52 PM
Received 12 Upvotes on 12 Posts
Here is a link to some information that should assist you:

https://archive.org/stream/PERFECTIO...ge/n0/mode/2up

It is not the best, but information is scarce. Hopefully you can print it and it will appear better in print.

Old 11-19-14, 06:37 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 41 Upvotes on 39 Posts
If you look on page 4 line [j], it specifies if the home does not have an existing chimney, you should use Type B vent. Without looking it up, I am reasonably sure the National Fuel Gas Code would also spec Type B vent.

Old 11-20-14, 08:42 AM
M
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thank you for that manual, I had been looking for one lol. So from what I see, its probably not a cost effective option to heat my basement. Wonder how much one of these could fetch on craigslist? From what I can tell from homedepot.com, 25ft of 6" b vent would set me back about $300. Might as well find a used 90% unit LOL

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: