york diamond 90

Old 11-24-14, 10:17 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
york diamond 90

I have 5 kids and a landlord that is about 80 anyway I have an problem the furnace will light and run for 3 sec and then the flame shuts off and the blower kicks on and circulates cold air till i kill the power the board flashes a red light code of 5 pulses found some advice that didn't fix anything please help I am in Springfield, Ohio and can't afford a service call if it can b avoided thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 11-25-14, 06:02 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Welcome to the forum!! As a renter, your landlord is responsible for repairing and maintaining the furnace. If you work on the furnace and something goes wrong (such as a fire) and the equipment is damaged or somebody gets injured you could be held liable. With that said, I suggest you contact your landlord to have a professional hvac company respond to repair the issue. Based on that 5-flash code it could be a roll-out switch tripping. If a roll out switch is tripping it could indicate a serious problem either with the burners, heat exchanger or draft.

One thing that can cause the 5-flash code is a blockage in the air intake pipe or vent pipe such as a bird's nest, wasp nest, dead bird and etc. I suggest you inspect the pipes to make sure there is nothing inside the pipe. Also, check the air filter to make sure it is not dirty.

You can locate the roll-out switches and see if one has tripped. The switches will be located around the burners. If one has tripped you can re-set it by pushing the small button in the center. Then reset the control board by restoring power. With the access panel removed and the door safety switch pushed in you can see if the furnace comes on and once flames are established watch them to see if they are "rolling" out of the burners. If the roll-out switch trips again you definitely need to contact the landlord and have the furnace inspected and serviced/repaired as soon as possible. Hopefully, you will be able to get your home warm.

Last edited by firedawgsatx; 11-25-14 at 06:53 AM.