PAYNE Gas Furnace Won't Turn On Automatically

Old 12-27-14, 09:03 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
PAYNE Gas Furnace Won't Turn On Automatically

I have a payne gas furnace that is over 16 years old. Last night I noticed the thermostat was set to 68 degrees and it was 65 in the house. Honeywell digital thermostat showed " Heat on" but it was not.

I removed the cover to the furnace which releases a switch and changed the filter which was last changed about 2 months ago and also cleaned away some dust.

when I replaced the furnace cover the furnace immediately kicked on and brought the house temperature back up to it's set point and turned off.

Woke up cold in the middle of the night and discovered that the furnace again did not kick on . Again, I removed the furnace cover and then replaced it, resetting the switch and the furnace again immediately kicked on.

This morning same issue, the heat did not come on until i reset it again.

Is there a problem with my termostat? Any suggestions on what I can do before calling for service?

Thank you

Sponsored Links
Old 12-27-14, 01:20 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
If there is any info I am leaving out in order to receive help, please let me know. Thanks

Old 12-27-14, 01:38 PM
Received 15 Votes on 15 Posts
Sounds like the door switch is loose or the door itself it not making a solid connection against the switch,you should be able to jump the switch out to test,post a pic of the switch.
Geo