Payne Plus 90 heating intermitently

Old 01-16-15, 09:54 AM
E
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Payne Plus 90 heating intermitently

Greetings to all,

This is my first time to the forum, I apologized in advance for any mistakes i'm about to make. The issue I'm having with my Payne Plus 90 model 399AAV is that sometimes it will heat and sometimes it wont. The ignitor glows but the burner wont fire up. Could it be the gas valve sticking? Please help...

Old 01-16-15, 06:14 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 38 Likes on 36 Posts
It's possible the gas valve is sticking but not likely. When the furnace fails to light, do you get any kind of blink code from the LED on the control board (usually visible via a small window in the blower compartment door)?

Old 02-09-15, 09:47 AM
E
Greetings,

Im having the same problem with my Payne Plus 90, the ignitor will glow but the burner will not fire up. I believe its the gas valve that is sticking. i've ordered a gas valve and will swap it as soon as i get it in the mail and i will post the result asap

Old 02-09-15, 10:03 AM
E
Payne Plus 90 burners not coming on.

Greetings to all,

I've been having an issue with the burner of my Payne Plus 90 not coming on for the past few months. sometimes it fires up and sometimes it wont. The ignitor glows but the gas doesnt flow. Please help!!

Old 02-09-15, 10:31 AM
S
What is the model number? Are you getting a flash code on the control board?

Old 02-09-15, 10:44 AM
Group Moderator
Received 3,187 Likes on 2,862 Posts
Payne 90 is a family name. Like skaggsje mentioned we need the model number which you'll find on an ID plate inside near the burner area.

Since you have what appears to be a newer furnace you should have a control board in the blower compartment. You may have a sight glass where you can look thru the door to see the LED. You can open the blower door to find the board and then put the door back on. Removing that door turns off power and clears any fault codes.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: