A/C ducts

Old 03-24-01, 08:06 PM
mik_mik
Visiting Guest
Question

Can please someone help with the ductwork for my A/C? I've hired a company to clean the ducts and they did, so they said, but after the cleaning it seams that there is even more musty smell is coming out of the registers whenever the furnace starts. I suspect it's the deposits in the A/C unit that are causing it. I've had this problem in the old house. The only difference is that the whole unit in the current house is sealed and I don't know how to get to the inside of it. Any suggestions? Should I cut out the square hole in the middle of the unit and cleanup inside then find a piece of sheet metal and patch up that hole?

Old 03-24-01, 09:54 PM
HVAC Man
Visiting Guest
Thumbs up A/C ducts

Yes you should get a piece of sheetmetal, cut a whole in your plenum so you can inspect the bottom of the A-coil, and the top part of the heat exchanger, also, when they clean those ducts ,they tend to kick up some dust, if you are using heat, (Depending on where you live) the dust will tend to smell when hot, but check it out. If you are using A/C this may be a refrigerant leak ,but highly unlikely.

Old 03-25-01, 04:12 AM
PDF
Visiting Guest
Okay,here we go

IF IT WERE ME,I would call them back,and I do mean a call back!!!!!!!!!!!!!IF YOU CAN NOT FIND AN OPENING IN THE DUCT THEN THEY DID NOT OPEN IT OR CLEAN IT.Call them with your concerns and ask them how they will correct the problem and where did they cut the hole to access the inside of the duct.IF NO SATISFACTION GET READY FOR SMALL CLAIMS COURT.Call in a second company,take the day off,have camera and video camera ready.Take pictures and document everthing.A picture is worth a thousand words when a judge is rendering a decision.PDF

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: