Lennox blower motor

Old 02-07-15, 05:17 PM
K
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lennox blower motor

I have a Lennox G40UH-48B-090-02 blower motor which sounds like it needs to replaced (Excessive noise and vibration).

It is mounted horizontally so that when I remove the front panels, the inlet and motor are on the right.

I have no idea how to remove this motor. I have loosened the screws to the electronics panel so I can slide that off the screws and hangs loose. I can see inside that the motor seems to be on rails. As the installation is horizontal, one rail is above the other.

The only screws I can see which might hold it in place are so inaccessible that it seems improbable. If I can get them out...getting them back in with the new motor may be a different issue.

I have checked to see if there are other panels which can be removed but there aren't.

I saw one video where two retaining screws towards the front held the rails in place but I have no such screws.

Anyone have some tips ?

Thanks in advance.

Old 02-07-15, 06:36 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 38 Likes on 36 Posts
Some pictures of the blower & blower compartment might help us help you with removal.

Old 02-07-15, 10:44 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts
I would expect to remove the red screw on each side of the control box to gain access to the blower and then remove 2 screws highlighted yellow to slide out the blower if you have the furnace in this picture...

Name:  Lennox furnace.jpg
Views: 2149
Size:  50.3 KB

Old 02-08-15, 04:30 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 38 Likes on 36 Posts
Once you get the control panel out of the way, blower removal should be easy.

Old 02-12-15, 05:49 PM
Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts
Usually you need a socket set to remove the screws.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: