Beckett AF II troubles

Old 02-09-15, 01:04 PM
H
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Beckett AF II troubles

Hello, I have a Beckett AF II 150 burner with a Burnham LEDv3 boiler. Installed in 2003, I had the primary control replaced after the original had failed to a Honeywell R7284. It seems ever since this has been done I know get a strong fuel odor, and heavy carbon build up. I have had the unit cleaned "again", changed nozzle and filter (Nozzle is correct for setup). It appears the oil almost drips a bit out of the nozzle area (Seems wet when chamber door is opened for cleaning). I have found the front gasket also saturated with oil at times, where a few drips had been present on the floor. Looking for any troubleshooting tips or ideas. Not sure if changing any delay settings would help, or if something such as the oil pump. The burner appears otherwise to operate normally, with a nice flame. The concern I have is the oil odor and carbon build up. thanks in advance.

Old 02-09-15, 04:55 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,158 Likes on 2,838 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

Oil burners are not my specialty. One of the "oil" guys will be stopping thru.

Old 02-09-15, 05:35 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 38 Likes on 36 Posts
Nobody monkeyed with the fuel pump pressure settings did they? Does your fuel pump have a solenoid on it? If so & the 7284 is wired properly, you can increase the motor off delay. I also suggest pulling the nozzle assembly & inspecting the head for warpage or cracks. When cleaning that head, it must be absolutely clean for the burner to operate properly.

Old 02-09-15, 06:26 PM
C
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree with Grady......seems like after the primary was changed, the new 7284 control wasn't configured with maximum post purge. Do you know what the original primary reset control was?

Old 02-09-15, 08:53 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 38 Likes on 36 Posts
If memory serves me right, I don't think they had a post purge from the factory. Any chance of getting a few pictures of the burner?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: