GE 2.3 ECM Blower motor and CFM LED

Old 02-13-15, 12:20 PM
R
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GE 2.3 ECM Blower motor and CFM LED

I just fixed a blown thermistor to get my GE 2.3 ECM furnace motor going, and now the CFM LED on my furnace control board doesn't work. It used to have a pattern where you could count the blinks and each blink = 100 CFM. The LED is now on steady, and I read a steady 12.5 VDC between pin 8 Blk and pin 16 Y/blk on the 16 pin connector.

I'm assuming the problem is in the ECM module, but my furnace tech was also jumping wires and blowing fuses on my furnace control board, so there could be some damage there.

Any insights and where/how to troubleshoot? Although the furnace seems to be working fine now, the CFM LED was very useful in knowing what the furnace motor was doing.

Old 02-14-15, 08:06 PM
Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts
I don't know how to fix/troubleshoot it, but most units with ecms are 10 years old or less and should still be covered by parts warranty.

Old 02-14-15, 08:28 PM
R
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ah, that would be nice. Unfortunately it's 7 years old and had a 5 year warranty. On the warranty issue, I'm not sure exactly how it goes, but I'm not the original owner, having bought the house 3 years ago.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: