Pressure switch open with inducer on

Old 03-25-15, 02:37 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Pressure switch open with inducer on

Brand : Nordyne
Model number : KG6RA-045C-08A

My furnace is having issues, it does not always start after it shut down.

I called the technician and he replaced Ignitor and flame sensor, it worked for 2 weeks and stopped again. After calling the person again he now is saying that I will have to replace Pressure switch, Inducer and Control Board.

Rather than doing that expensive part change which I am not sure will fix the issue I would like to give it a shot at fixing myself.

Current findings ::
- Red LED light blinks twice which according to furnace instruction means "Pressure switch open with inducer on"
- One it shut down only way to start is by "Turned off furnace, removed one wire from pressure switch, started furnace, put back the wire"
- It mostly dies in night when temperature is cold and does not restart unless I do above step.

What I have done till now.
- Remove tube from Inducer end and blow into Pressure Switch, it does not make any clicking sound.
- Check Pressure switch for connectivity.

Please let me know if I should go with technician recommendation and replace all parts and/or something else I can do to verify the root cause.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-15, 02:45 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
First, don't blow into the pressure switch. Could damage the switch. Take the tube off the switch and take a opened paper clip. and clean out the fitting. Don't stick it too far into the switch