Goodman gas furnace flame roll out

Old 03-29-15, 05:33 PM
K
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Goodman gas furnace flame roll out

I am having flame roll out on my goodman gmh95 gas furnace ,checked venting ,,no troubles ,inducer blower seems okay ,,no accumulation to worry through tubes or heat exchanger . Wondering if defective gas valve could cause this ..Flame will actually have roll out before supply blower activates Had control module dip switch on Single stage tried 2nd stage and seems like it will not sustain flame long enough for supply blower to activate now Any suggestions or typical problems ?? Also this problem of rollout is located on the 1st burner tube of 3 other 2 burner tubes show no sign of trouble

Last edited by KmanHeat; 03-29-15 at 05:37 PM. Reason: additional information
Old 03-29-15, 06:56 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,399 Votes on 1,296 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

Although not very common..... it could be caused if the pressure regulator in the valve had a problem. That would be something you'd need to have a technician or your gas company check.

It sounds more like a flue issue...... you're sure the PVC pipes are clear and wide open ?

Old 03-30-15, 04:07 PM
K
Pipes are clear and also can hear disruptive air pattern on prepurge cycle Am getting inspection camera to check interior of burner tubes and heat exchanger areas .As I mentioned previously the roll out occurs even before supply blower activates

Old 04-03-15, 02:14 PM
D
If this is a condensing furnace, check to be sure the drains are clear. I had one like this earlier this winter and could not get it figured out as the clog in the drain would slowly let the water drain out by time I got there. It took at least 4 cycles of the furnace to fill the lower heat exchanger area full of water to prevent the flue gasses from draining.

Check all of the drainage tubes to make sure the water is draining out of the heat exchanger.

Old 04-03-15, 04:01 PM
K
resolution with Goodman gmh95

Rented inspection camera , Found hole in heat exchanger ! That's disappointing

Old 04-03-15, 04:48 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,399 Votes on 1,296 Posts
If you are the original owner..... Goodman has a ten year warranty on most of its heat exchangers.
Labor to replace is not included in that warranty.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: