Buying from Sid Harvey?

Old 04-01-15, 05:18 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Buying from Sid Harvey?

I called Sid Harvey to get a price on an S12 small soot vac. My company doesn't have an account, but they gave me a price.

If you have an account there, and spend some money every quarter, can you post the price they give you? I want to know if my price is decent, or there is some room to negotiate with them.

Thanks

Emmett

Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-15, 07:59 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 3 Votes on 3 Posts
I can't figure out your question. If you ask for quotes from different suppliers, that would give you an idea as to your comparative cost of items. We certainly can't comment on pricing in different parts of the country.

Old 04-01-15, 08:11 PM
Received 33 Votes on 25 Posts
I suspect that Sid Harvey is like Grainger in that some registered customers get a discount vs. non-registered (walk-in) customers. It reads like Emmett wants to "dicker" with them to get a better (for him) price without being a registered customer. All I can tell him is "good luck".

Old 04-01-15, 09:10 PM
Group Moderator
Received 477 Votes on 447 Posts
It's sort of like a Graingers. It's a wholesale HVAC company selling parts and equipment. They're pretty much all around the country. More locations in the East. They bought up two places I had an account with near me.

They're pretty much like any supply house. If you are in the HVAC business you get wholesale prices. If you are just in any trade you get a different price.

Old 04-02-15, 12:00 AM
Received 33 Votes on 25 Posts
I had a personal account with Grainger until recently through my former employer. I got about ten percent off the published catalog/Internet prices (more on some items, less on others). I don't know if this was extended to all employees of the company or just to those in the facilities section. At any rate, I stopped buying from Grainger years ago as their prices are so high, even with a discount.

Now as to the motive of Emmett, I think he is just trying to get the most bang from his buck and I can't blame him a bit for trying.