Please help on pressure switch stuck closed

Old 04-30-15, 08:26 PM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Please help on pressure switch stuck closed

I have a nordyne/fridgidare l1ra 090c-12b furnace. When I turn the heat on the inducer kicks on followed by the igniter which then I hear a clicking noise followed by the igniter turning off and the control board giving me the pressure switch closed error. I have replaced the pressure switch and I am still having the same problem. Once in a while it will fire and heat the house but it very rarely happens? What else could it be other than the pressure switch

Old 04-30-15, 08:34 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,922 Upvotes on 3,518 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

Once the draft inducer starts running the pressure switch closes and the igniter starts. If the pressure switch was the problem.... the igniter would not even start.

What code are you actually getting ?

The pressure switches very rarely ever go bad. Usually a pressure switch problem indication is telling you that you have a problem in the exhaust/flue system.

There is a rubber tube that connects the pressure switch to the inducer. It is a very common problem for the nipple on the inducer to clog shut. Pull the hose off the inducer and use a small sharp object (piece of wire, paper clip, etc.) to clean the hole.

Name:  nord.jpg
Views: 1876
Size:  42.0 KB

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: