Carrier NG furnace 59sc2b Model

Old 09-16-15, 01:19 PM
G
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Carrier NG furnace 59sc2b Model

I'm having a problem getting heat from the furnace.
I have a flashing yellow light but I didn't know it gave a code but will check it later when I get home. It is 2.5 years old and the furnace filter was really dirty at the start of summer and we haven't ran it since.
I checked the electrical panel it didn't trip and the power is getting to the unit, reset that and the fan comes on then goes off. I looked at resetting the pilot light and since it's the new style it has (Instead of a continuously burning pilot flame which wastes valuable energy, your furnace uses an automatic, hot surface
ignition system to light the burners each time the thermostat signals the furnace to start) which it doesn't seem to do.

I did check that the natural gas line is open and tried the furnace control board reset button.

But should the furnace be on when I hit the reset button and do I hold it for a certain amount of time (instructions don't say).

I was thinking its the flame roll out switch, so should there be a button between the two connectors and I just hit it while the furnace is on or off? then that should automatically reset it or do I go through a certain process? I think it's a quick fix but you never know.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-16-15, 02:14 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,167 Votes on 1,082 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

No need to look at or reset the roll out switch yet.

You need to turn the power on to the furnace and look thru the sight glass in the blower to count the LED blinks. The chart for the trouble codes is on the back of the blower door so count first. Once the blower door is removed the trouble is cleared.

Old 09-17-15, 03:45 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
ALSO---

After checking out the diagnostic code,

take the cover off the burner compartment of the furnace. Carefully observe the sequence of events which occurs when you turn up the thermostat, and report that sequence in order and in detail here.