Furnace fan blown

Old 09-20-15, 09:46 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Furnace fan blown

Hey folks, I have an older Lennox gas furnace that's given me some problems. Had some flooding in my crawl space that put the fan under water. It's happened before, I drain the water and give it a few days to dry everything out. This time though I turned the AC back on after just a few hours, like an idiot. I smell burning electrical 30 minutes later and after turning off power found the circuit board had actually burned off a resistor or capacitor.
The key question. Should I replace just the circuit board and give it another go? Or should I replace the whole assembly? Also does anyone know how to look up the part number for circuit boards? It's not on my manual and I couldn't find anything in the board itself.

Cheers!

Old 09-20-15, 11:16 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,485 Votes on 1,373 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

You need to keep the water away from the furnace.

Remove the burner access cover and you'll see an ID plate on one of the sides. Carefully copy the model number down and post it. We can check on the control board that furnace uses.

"Replace the board or the whole assembly". By whole assembly do you mean the entire furnace ?
It it's old and by now probably rusted...... then yes.... maybe it's time to replace the furnace.

Old 09-24-15, 07:33 AM
S
Thanks! I'm away but when I'm back I'll post up what's needed. No rust on the furnace yet as the water hasn't gotten that high up. Just a few inches to ruin the air filter and moisture to short out the board. Fun stuff!

Old 09-27-15, 12:10 PM
S
So the model is G50uh-36a-070-15. I hope this is what you need to help me figure the control board I need. I appreciate the help!

Old 10-01-15, 09:21 AM
S
Anyone know where to look up the part number?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: